From December 2013 and further, AMF partner from Albania- Agricultural University, Faculty of Forestry Science, Tirana organized two local meetings in the Korca district and especially in Voskopoja commune in relation to the implementation of Adriatic Model Forest project. From the start of the AMF project several short meetings were organized with different stakeholders of the area.
First workshop was organized 13-14th December 2013 in order to implement model forest concept in Voskopoja commune, with involvement of 25 participants from:
- Agricultural University, Faculty of Forestry Science, Tirana;
- Fan.S.Noli University in Korca;
- Local Government of Korca District;
- Representatives from Ministry of environment – Forest Service Directory in Korca district;
- Voskopoja commune administrative staff;
- Different associations (Agro-tourism association, hunting, skiing, beekeeping, private owners , etc) in Voskopoja commune and Korca region
- Representatives from different religions in Voskopoja
- Private sector representatives from Voskopoja commune
During two days meeting some general and introduction presentation and discussion with participants and stakeholders were organized. After an official opening a model forest was presented. Title of welcome speech was “Model Forest – contemporary knowledge and concept/Adriatic Model Forest – a project with innovations for the future forest” and it was presented by Prof. Dr. Hajri Haska. Opening was followed by the session “An initiative for Model Forest in Voskopoja: actual status, problems and challenges for the future”. Meeting was closed by Prof. V. Tabaku and than a cultural walk through the Voskopoja area was organized for the participants.