Throughout activities that are planned in this WP AMF project partners will exchange their experiences related to various issues of governance. By its definition good governance means a process of continuous dialogue and exchange of ideas, experiences and responsibilities related to management of natural resources. If there is a lack of good governance in the management of natural resources, it is almost impossible to achieve any changes in public attitudes, beliefs and expectations. By introducing new and innovative governance concept in Adriatic region the project partners will help in creating a platform where diverse forest interests can be met. This will help to start range of discussions between local communities, industry (forestry and other land uses), government (local, regional, and national), NGOs, schools, researchers etc. and to improve forest conditions.
All activities in this WP are organised in a way that project partners present their experiences in a series of meetings and prepare short report related to situation in their region.
- Lounching conference in Croatia – Motovun was focused on: “State of the art of the forest situation in project partners region”
- First meeting was organized in Italy – Ferrara and focused on: “Site selection in a process of Model forest development”
- Second meeting was organised in B-H – Sarajevo and focused on: “The Model Forest partnership selection”
- Next meetings will be organised in Greece, Serbia and Albania:
- “Governance structure in the Model forest” – Igoumenitsa, Greece – from 11th till 13th February 2014
- “Strategic planning in the MF” – Belgrade, Serbia – from 1st till 3rd July 2014
- Final meeting in Tirana, Albania